gorg

gorg

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

lovely lashes




my go-to, five-minutes-to-get-ready, take-to-a-deserted-island makeup item has always been mascara. It has the ability to leave you bright eyed and bushy tailed when you have had less than enough beauty rest and pulls together your entire face. I've been known to shell out a pretty penny to get fabulous lashes- my favorite mascara being a toss up between Make Up Forever Smoky Lash $22 and DiorShow Mascara $24.50. But, that isn't to say that I'm a snob when it comes to finding drugstore dupes for my favorite designer makeup.


these four are the MVPs, the mascaras I've found to work just as good (if not better) than the high end brands I've tried and loved.

Maybeline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara: Great volume, nice big brush to really grab your lashes, reminded me a lot of my beloved Dior mascara but for a fraction of the price :)

Maybelline One by One Volum' Mascara: My new Holy Grail of mascara. Gave me the lashes I'm sporting in this posts picture. Doesn't clump, literally separates each lash from one another. The reason behind this entire post, I love it so much.

Rimmel the Max VolumeFlash Mascara: An old favorite with a big brush to give you full lashes, without clumping everything together. Dries out kind of fast though, bummer.

Covergirl Lash Blast Fushion: Found this mascara and thought that I was done trying new brands forever. Leaps and bounds above the original Lash Blast which I hated with a passion. Thanks Drew Barrymore for steering me wrong. Fortunately, this little beauty made up for any wrong-doing. Great length and definition, but also gave full lashes that everyone loves.

Just a couple options for mascara that won't break the bank, but also make you look like a million bucks :)

xx,
Marissa

1 comment: