gorg

gorg

Sunday, March 6, 2011

mini vacation

ahh. nothing like a couple days at home to make you feel like a whole new person!

i'm in the middle/almost done with midterms and have been stressed, cranky and just generally feeling crummy. i had no clean clothes, no groceries and was sick of looking at my apartment.
::cue brilliant idea from genius aunt!::
perfect time for a nice family visit. one of my aunts has always been like a second mother to me, and lives closer to me when i'm at school than my actual mother. after talking to her on the phone the other day, i realized just how much i missed her, my cousins and their house. so, i made plans to spend some qt with the fam.

going to their house is like a little vacation from reality. i have all my favorite foods cooked for me (a huge bonus when you're in college, don't buy groceries, etc.), my laundry clean and smelling extra special (even at home i use the same detergent/dryer sheets but it NEVER smells the same) and am always comfy cozy. besides being pampered :) it's also nice just to see my family and mellow out. the life of a 21 year old college student can get tiring- constantly feeling like you have to go out just so you don't waste the night, not wanting to leave early cause then you're a lame-o... you know.

but now i'm home, back in my own apartment, and while the mini-vacation was amazing and just what i needed, it's nice to just sit in my room and be. now my fridge is full of left-overs of the most amazing chicken cutlets you have ever tasted (literally- i challenge anyone to try and top these), closet is full of clean clothes and i'm ready to start the week.

xx,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment